When using a custom database with ClearStream RFID it is necessary to add an ODBC data source to the Windows Control Panel so that the database can be configured within ClearStream. To do this follow the steps below.
- Navigate to Control Panel->Admistrative Tools and double click Data Sources (ODBC) 32-bit.
- On Windows 7 PCs, you can find the 32 bit DSN configuration utility here: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe
- Choose the System DSN tab and select ADD.
- Choose the appropriate driver for your database and select Finish.
- Enter relevant information about your DSN, this can include selecting a Database file or entering the database login credentials.
- When complete select OK to close all windows.
At this point, open ClearStream, and on the Destination tab if you select Type: ODBC, you will be able to select your newly created ODBC database to use as an end point for your ClearStream data.